- April 19, 2018
- How To, News, Selling Your Home
- No Comments
Research says that almost 60% of those considering downsizing are doing it to top up their retirement savings, Almost two thirds (60 per cent) of those of us looking to downsize are tempted by the possibility of topping up our retirement pots, 48% are looking for a home that is easier to manage and maintain while 21% are looking to decrease their monthly costs. What ever your reasons for considering downsizing, Team Mazzolino can help. Angela is an Accredited Senior Agent and can help you look at the options and make sure that the downsizing experience is stress free.
When you start looking for your new home ask yourself these few simple questions can help you make sure it is right for you.
- Is there enough space for me to be comfortable?
- Is there room for friends and family to come and visit?
- Is there enough/too much garden?
- Is the layout future proof? (not too many stairs for example)
- Is the location still suitable if I’m unable to drive?
- Are there shops nearby?
- Am I close enough to my family and friends?
- Can I see myself living here for the next 20 years?
- Does the house need work and am I willing to do it?
- Can we both be happy here?
Most importantly remember to not rush into anything. You have your current home and you need to make sure that where ever you move to it’s right for you and your family.